By Sheila Arkee
Recently there was a ton of hubub surrounding a photo shoot of the artist known as Lady Gaga. The headlines exclaimed, “Gaga wears no makeup!”
As is typical with Gaga, the no makeup thing wasn’t exactly accurate, and it turns out she was wearing a bit of makeup, but not her typical fabulous artist-type of wear. P.S. You can replicate the no makeup look by purchasing $75 of MAC Cosmetics. (Insert image of me giving a quick side eye here.)
The story – and the products involved in the photo – got me to thinking –how much makeup does it take to make my every day face?
- Missha BB Cream – I can’t even look at tinted moisturizers anymore. Really.
- Stila Rose Convertible Color – I will never meet a better cream blush.
- YSL Touche Eclat – One of my splurge-worthy items. It’s perfect on top of the BB Cream to erase dark circles.
- MAC Blot Powder
- Too Face Shadow Insurance – Perfectly matte lids without a hint of discoloration.
- MAC Opulash Mascara
- Stila Dark Brow Duo – I will be using this for the next 20 years.
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm
- e.l.f. Makeup Setting Spray (not pictured) – Purchased on Marlee’s recommendation and it is $3 of awesome!
Just enough to even out my skin, and define what needs to be defined.
What are your every day essentials?
*Missha and Burt’s Bees provided for consideration.