Baby, it’s cold outside! Yes, I’m in Southern California where we do have lots of nice weather and I can hardly complain about polar vortexes and such, but we do have cold snaps and my skin can always figure out a change in the seasons and misbehave accordingly. My Winter beauty staples are a bit different than any other time of the year, and now the name of my beauty game is to soothe and protect. Let’s take a look at the products I rely on to keep things together.
1. All hail Aquaphor! My multi-purpose salve which I use on my lips, nails, heels, elbows and for a myriad of other uses. When my undereye area gets sensitive, Aquaphor is my BFF.
2. Burt’s Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream is a MUST for keeping my dry cuticles together. My hands seem to get a bit more dry during the Winter, so I make sure to have a tin of this cream nearby at all times. Burt’s Bees Hand Salve is another great product to help dry hands and feet.
3. During the Winter months I’m hit with eczema on various parts of my face, and this year landed on my lips of all places. Of the millions of tubes of lip balm I own, the only one that provides long term soothing action is Waxelene. Waxelene is a non-petroleum jelly alternative and I’m so glad it ‘s in existance.
4. Valentia Even Glow Vitamin C Serum is my skin care constant both morning and night. Vitamin C brightens your skin and the added ingredient of Sea Buckthorn Oil gives my skin much needed hydration.
5. Sweet Almond Oil is my all-around moisturizer of choice. I use this oil right out of the shower and also on my hair pre-washing to help me comb out snarls. This is also great for moisturizing the ends of my hair between washings.
6. I notice my hair gets to be a bit on the dry side in Winter, which is why I rely on hair masks. Right now I’m loving the Carol’s Daughter Marula Curl Therapy and DermOrganic Intense Hair Repair Masque.
7. Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus is something use a bit more frequently during Winter months, when my nails seem to peel a bit more frequently. This will have your nail act together in no time!
8. Evian Facial Spray is another simple, but extremely useful beauty tool. This light mist is great to re-hydrate your Winter dry skin throughout the day and it won’t disturb your makeup!
Today’s post is part of a collaboration with my fellow fabulous beauty blogging ladies that are part of The Beauty Council.
Make sure to read their blog posts and discover their Winter beauty staples!