By Sheila Arkee
Lately, my weekday mornings have been THAT kind of morning. You know, the ones where you barely have a moment to spare after rolling out of bed, getting kids ready for school, and realizing you have to look somewhat presentable in front of a group of adults in about an hour or so.
It’s a crazy time of day, but something so many of us deal with! While it’s extremely tempting to keep my hair in a poofy bun and worry about having makeup on later, sometimes it’s not possible!
So, in these cases, I keep a stash of products at the ready, my bare minimum so to speak. I rely on them to make me look a tad bit presentable! Here are the products I use:
1. Concealer - for undereye circles and foundation where needed. Can’t live without this.
2. Transluscent Powder – MAC’s Blot Powder is a miracle worker. Plain and simple. Sets concealer and keeps my skin matte.
3. A multi-use color product. I usually use Stila’s Cream Color Base, but I’m working on using up Stila’s Pomegranate Crush Lip & Cheek stain, which I use on my cheeks and as a base for my lip gloss.
4. Lip gloss! I am a gloss girl through and through, wouldn’t leave home without it!
5. Mascara. This is what pulls everything together. For reals! I don’t recommend doing as I do, but I usually throw on my mascara while at stop lights. Secret confession of the day. Ha!
What are your bare minimum products?