POPSUGAR ShopStyle has a brand new look and I’m sharing my personal style!
By Sheila Arkee
POPSUGAR ShopStyle is getting a brand new look this month, and I was invited to share the news by sharing my personal style with you. Imagine my surprise when I came home to a super sized mailing tube that included a white background and a super cute We Shop Style t-shirt to use for this fun project. By the way, Andre had an absolute blast with the mailing tube and paper background. Ha ha!
ShopStyle is where fashion happens. It’s an online shopping destination that actually makes shopping enjoyable. The redesign allows you to check out looks curated by fashion editors and those in the know, and has personalized profiles and “Drawers” where you can keep track of your favorites.
I had a great time picking out some of my favorite clothes and accessories from my wardrobe that reflect my personal style. As you can see, I love bright colors especially with purses and shoes – you can never have a bad day wearing a colorful accessory! I’m not sure what to call my personal style, but I adore genuine materials, classic touches, and items I can see myself wearing many years down the line. Most of my wardrobe has been pieced together by sales and frequenting stores like TJ Maxx. I’m all about the value, with the occasional splurge (see red Michael Kors shoes!).
– A leather green hobo bag by The Sak that I use when Spring rolls around.
– A slouchy orange hobo that has endured being bashed around every Autumn and Winter.
– Bright red satin D’Orsay heels by Michael Kors! I love these shoes so much. While I’m usually sporting a pair of sneakers, I’ll wear these around the house, for old times sake.
– A coral Merano cardigan from Target that is perfect with a pair of jeans and a black tank.
– A pair of leggings, a necessity!
– Bootcut dark wash Merona jeans – the cheapest jeans I’ve ever bought and yet the greatest.
– A purple and white beaded dress by INC, which is a great dress to wear to different events with shrug.
– Purple and blue and white striped blouses, both cowl necks that I picked up at Ross and a thrift store, respectively. I’ve learned that cowl necks are flattering on my body type and give casual outfits a sophisticated edge.
– Pink and black lace sleeveless top by INC that I simply adore. It’s great with a cardigan, jeans, and chunky heels.
– A silver sequined tank from INC that has appeared in many a Painted Ladies post.
– A polka dotted cardigan my mom got me from Costco, of all places, but I love to pieces.
– Black and white zebra patterned heels by Nine West, one of which you can see peeking out of the lower left edge of the photo.
– A super soft and warm Burburry scarf that I bought when I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue. That employee discount got me in TROUBLE! (with a capital T and exclamation mark), but I still cherish this scarf all these years later.
For more information on ShopStyle check out this short video.
I’m looking forward to frequenting the new ShopStyle and finding more must-haves to include in my wardrobe.