By Sheila Arkee
The mere mention of airbrush foundation to any woman automatically results in some kind of reaction that includes awe and admiration. A technique straight from the sets of Hollywood, everyone knows the power of the airbrush in creating flawless skin!
Although it might seem a little intimidating, I am here to assure you that getting started with airbrush foundation is easy and also addictive! Luminess Air makes the process of perfecting your face fool proof .
The Luminess Air system is simple – what you see is what you get! Believe it or not, the slim silver case – which looks like something you can carry on a fun night out - is the entire basic Luminess Air system.
It consists of a compressor, a stylus attached by rubber tubing, and a power cord. The kit I’m using also came with an instructional booklet and dvd, along with a few foundation colors, as well as a moisturizer, luminizer, blush, and bronzer.
Using The Airbrush
Having never really had time to spend and get to know an airbrush machine, I’ll admit it took a couple of tries before I got used to the stylus and applying the foundation.
Practice makes perfect, and pretty soon you’ll be like a pro. My biggest problem is wanting to tilt my hand when applying foundation, and you must hold the stylus horizontally.
You add product directly to the well, and spray away, using a light touch on the spray button. I found that about 10 drops of the foundation were enough to cover my entire face, but this may vary depending on the person.
After moisturizer and then foundation, you can add luminizer, blush, and bronzer directly to the well, without having to clean inbetween, and you’re set! The foundation formula is unlike any other – thin but covers like crazy, and the luminzer is GORGEOUS. Really, worth every penny to invest in the luminzer which is one of my new favorite things.
I have to say, using the airbrush to apply foundation feels so good! Really, this is the biggest perk for me. Airbrushing my face feels like giving myself a mini facial massage. I may or may not secretly run the machine with the moisturizer/primer just because. To boot, the foundation lasts after long days of baby wrangling, so it’s a winner in my book!
Here are a couple of tips that I think you should keep in mind –
1. You can conceal areas that need help by adding more layers of the airbrush foundation where needed.
2. If you need help under the eye area, you can add a separate concealer of your choice on top of the airbrush foundation.
3. The water-based foundation is formulated to not necessitate using a powder on top, but if you’re oily like me, I recommend setting with a transluscent powder.
4. Test the foundations on the side of your face, not anywhere else! You will get the best match that way, and the good news is that it’s easy to mix and match different colors to get the look you want.
5. Don’t go full force with the push button – keep the stylus about 10 or so inches away from your face, and gently put pressure on the button. A little goes a long way!
6. Keep your hair pulled back – unlike with a spray can, the foundation won’t go every which where, but it’s better to be on the safe side.
The best part about Luminess is that they have a variety of options for investing in an airbrush system. Starting from $169 and up, you’ll find a system that is right for you. I’ll definitely keep the airbrush in my personal and professional makeup kit since it takes less than 5 minutes to apply and clean!
For much more information on Luminess, visit them online at www.luminessair.com
*Product provided for consideration.