By Sheila Arkee
Healthy, clear skin is a subject that’s been on my mind lately, so I was understandably thrilled when I had the opportunity to try Niora Anti-Aging Intensives skin care.
Besides keeping my skin looking its best, I want to do so with products that are nurturing and won’t make my skin any more irritated than it already is these days. Enter Niora, a company whose mission is to help you feel good about your skin and the skin care you use.
Niora Naturals is an independent skin care manufacturer of acne solutions and anti-aging skin care based in Portland, OR. The company has existed since 1992, created as a gift by chemist George Tindall to his now wife, Cindy. In need of acne care that wouldn’t irritate her skin, George came up with the natural and organic Alpha Care products that cleared Cindy’s skin and added moisture without stripping essential oils. The Niora line consists of adult acne treatment products and anti-aging products. All Niora products are vegan and cruelty-free with approximately 85% of ingredients used certified organic and/or Ecocert registered.
The four products I’ve been using for the past four weeks are:
– Replenishing Cleanser: Feels lush, non-foaming. Won’t remove makeup, but won’t make your skin feel dry or tight.
– Firming Toner: You spray this on your skin and allow it to dry, a move I find ingenious.
– Replenishing Serum: Lightweight and non-sticky, this can be used in specific areas to target discoloration, fine lines, and wrinkles.
– Facial Intensive Accelerated Repair Moisturizer: So plush and luxurious, I was sure this would break me out, but no such thing. I am really impressed with this moisturizer that nourishes, repairs, and firms.
These four products combine to provide the three main components of beautiful, healthy, and youthful skin. According to Niora, the components include:
- Moisturize and Hydrate: Balance moisturize levels, control excess oiliness and normalize hydration
- Nourish and Stimulate: Nourish and stimulate the skin’s cellular matrix and vital tissues responsible for healthy, firm and taunt skin and encourage vibrant new growth and a natural, radiant glow.
- Protect and Repair: Bath the skin in anti-oxidants, inflammatories, and much more to protect against environmental factors and enhance cellular repair.
The main ingredients (which can be found here) in the Anti-Aging line include alpha hydroxy fruit acids, aloe vera, argan oil, and Vitamin E. The products are manufactured in a way that doesn’t include sticky emulsifying waxes and chemicals.
My Final Thoughts: Niora Anti-Aging Intensives skin care offers a little bit of luxury with organic and natural ingredients and a plush texture. The skin care products are non-irritating and overall I’m really please with the line. My skin feels smooth and Niora has helped make that happen. If you’re looking for a natural, organic and just plain good for you skin care line that works, check out Niora.
Price: $84.95 (priced at $94.80 if purchased separately).
Availability: Visit Niora Naturals online.
Gluten-free? No (contains Vitamin E)