By Sheila Arkee
After a highly anticipated arrival to the US, the premiere of Glossybox finally arrived late last week. And, oh, what an arrival it was.
Beautiful packaging? Check.
Gorgeous, sturdy, luminous pink box that will definitely be repurposed? Check.
Exciting full-sized products that are worth over $100? Check.
The products in this month’s Glossybox are so great and I can and will use all of them. The products include —
– Basq Cucumber Tea Eye Gel ($24) – what frazzled mom wouldn’t love this?
– OPI Kiss Me on My Tulips ($8.50) – love this hot pink, going on my tips ASAP.
- C.O. Bigelow Lavender & Peppermint Body Lotion ($12) – smells fantastic.
– Cargo EyeBronzer ($22) – um, this could be true love. So much pigment in one incredible product that glides on lids easily.
– Erno Laszlo Hollywood Collection Sampler ($125 for full-sized creams) – when I worked at Saks Beverly Hills I was right across from Laszlo. People went CRAZY for Laszlo products. Definitely worth trying.
– Kryolan High Gloss Brilliant Lip Shine in Toffee ($18) – WOWZERS. I’m in love with this texture and the color. One of the best glosses I’ve ever used, and that’s saying a LOT. I’m definitely interested in trying more Kryolan lip glosses.
Fabulous first month, indeed, BUT there is a catch. The future Glossyboxes won’t be this awesome and will only contain one full-sized product amongst five sample-sized beauty products.
At a cost of $21, this is the most expensive monthly sample box on the market. And, as we have all seen, maintaining an exciting and compelling mix of samples is a challenge for ANY monthly subscription service. If Glossybox is worth paying a premium that remains to be seen. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s in month two, and will reserve judgment. I’m wary, but open to seeing what’s ahead.
You can find out more about Glossybox at Glossybox.com.
*Glossybox provided for consideration.