By Sheila Arkee
For the past couple of weeks I have been on the prowl around the various Target stores in my area, on high alert for a new matte blush duo called Fiji by e.l.f. I’m determined to find this elusive product in stores and avoid e.l.f.’s high shipping charges, not regarding the fact that I’ve surely spent their shipping fee in gas by now. To satisfy my bargain blush fix, I settled on e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream In St. Lucia.
Their are certain bargain beauty products I can’t get into trying, and that would certainly apply to cream blushes. Call it too many good intentions gone awry, but past experiences have made me wary of cheap blushes that promise to deliver but always pull a slip and slide. On the flip side, I’ve always had a high regard for Stila’s Convertible Colors which are $25 but deliver gorgeous color and do not pull a disappearing act.
St. Lucia surely surprised me in a big way. I wasn’t expecting much, but I’ve found this duo to have beautiful pigmentation, smooth wear, and it doesn’t disappear in under a minute. For $3, I was wowed. The blush is a beautiful peachy color and the bronzer is perfect – not too orange at all.
Cream blush and bronzer can seem tricky to apply, but I’ve put together a quick video and photo tutorial showing you just how to get the job done. I intended the video to be a 2 Minute Beauty Clinic, but it somehow became 4 minutes!
1. Apply your foundation and concealer.
2. Use a brush to apply the cream bronzer in the shade of a “3” (or “e”) along your browbone, under your cheekbone, and under your jawline. I also apply a bit along the sides of my nose to contour. A little bit goes a long way, and make sure to blend!
3. Use the pads of your fingers to pat the blush on the apples of your cheeks. Reference this Breaking Down Beauty if you need help locating the apples of your cheeks.
4. Blend any harsh edges away with a Beauty Blender.
5. Set your foundation and cream blush/bronzer with translucent powder. I’ve been loving the Mary Kay® Translucent Loose Powder lately.
And the results are gorgeous!
My Final Thoughts: I was expecting to be utterly disappointed, but instead was utterly thrilled by the performance of e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream In St. Lucia. Long wearing, creamy, and easy to blend, it’s a universally appealing duo worth every single penny of it’s entire $3.
Availability: Target stores, and eyeslipsface.com