By Sheila Arkee
Although I love the way my hair looks both curly and straight, taking the time and energy to transform my curls into silken tresses is an event I infrequently undertake.
Calling it an “event” is pretty accurate – it takes about an hour and tons of elbow grease to make hair styling magic happen!
The key ingredients needed to make this all possible include the following:
– Duckbill clips to separate my hair into sections.
– A heavy duty flat iron that gets hot FAST – I use a HAI that I’ve had for about 7 years and am very happy with.
– Ironically enough, a curling iron to strategically re-add curls in the front. The curling iron I use – from Hot Tools - is 1 1/2″ and makes amazing curls with its ceramic technology. I chose this one because I’d heard nothing but raves from hairstylists.
– A comb. I love this one with a teaser at the end for a little volume. I like smooth hair, but abhor flatness!
– A dry shampoo to eliminate any greasy spots in the days after the straightening has happened. Batiste’s is fantastic, and it also helps to add a little bit of volume the day hair has been straightened. Spray it in, shake it right on out!
– A top-notch hairspray that does not make your hair feel stiff or leave you with residue to hold everything together.
For this particular hair straightening event, I used Samy’s Fat Hair Amplifying Hair Spray and let me tell you, this particular hairspray has lept to the very top of my favorite hair products. A couple of sprays after hair was flattened, strategically recurled and styled, and I had volume going on for DAYS, literally.
This photo was taken two days post styling, and I am beyond impressed that the top is full of volume, and not stuck to my head, as tends to happen. Perfectly tousled, bombshell hair that I sincerely wish would happen naturally and not require so much effort!
Samy’s products are availabe at drugstores and online at Ulta.com (which now accepts Paypal, could be a dangerous thing!).
How often do you take the time to style your hair? Do you save it for special occasions, or is it done on a more regular basis?
*Samy Fat Hair Amplifying Hair Spray provided for consideration.