Today I’m participating in a group tag video on YouTube – something different and fun! This Beauty Blog Coalition Makeup Tag was organized by my blogging friend Shelley from Polarbelle and includes beauty influencers who belong to a blogging support group called the Beauty Blog Coalition.
We each got a list of the same 10 questions to answer and I had a lot of fun talking about some of my makeup favorites and memories, including the worst makeup trend ever!
Here’s a list of the other bloggers involved in this project – head over to their YouTube channels to see what their answers were. I’m totally curious to see what they have to say!
If you’re curious about the questions, here they are.
1.When did you start wearing makeup? Officially at age 17, unofficially at 12/13/14
2. Any makeup trend you wish would end? The only trend I ever really hated was black eyeliner worn as lip liner in the 90’s. Yep, this really happened in my little city in Northern California. And it was the worst!
3. Your favorite makeup trend. Highlighting/Strobing/Glowing – whatever you want to call it, I love it!
4. Do you have a secret technique in applying makeup? Believe it or not, it’s a secret I learned from the Martha Stewart show nearly 20 years ago. Here is the brush I used in the video.
5. What’s your dream makeup? An eyeshadow primer that smooths out every single wrinkle!
6. One makeup product you can’t leave home without? Mascara, believe it or not! L’Oreal Voluminous Feline is my current must have holy grail.
7. What was the first makeup item you ever purchased? Besides lip balm it was a CoverGirl compact with that old school Noxema scent. OOOOOH. The best. It was just SO GLAM to be rocking a compact that you’d pull out and powder your nose with.
8. Where do you find your creative inspiration? People! My readers and so many great makeup accounts on Instagram, like Kayteellen, and I always find interesting makeup artists to follow via Huda Beauty.
9. What is your favorite type of video to film? The videos where I can really be myself, like the “best of” video I was able to film when I had downtime a couple of months ago.
10. What is your favorite type of video to watch? Pro makeup artists breaking a look down. One of my favorites is the great Mario Dedivanovic.
Here are the details on the makeup I’m wearing in the video:
elf Prep & Hydrate Balm
Tarte Tartist Contour
Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette (Blazing in crease, Oud in outer cornera and lower lid, Twilight on lid, Blood Moon on lid and lower lid, Desert Sand on brow, Nefertiri on inner lid, Angelic on inner corner)
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara
Thank you for watching the video and enjoy watching the others – I sure will!