Confession time, folks: there haven’t been any major updates because there hasn’t been anything major to report except the fact that I am a major FAIL in this department right now. Looking at the Stila video made me face reality in a harsh, cold way.
Life, work, and everything are to blame, but what I’ve become aware of recently are these crucial factors:
- I don’t move around that much during the day (or evening, either),
- I’m not being as mindful of portion sizes as I should.
- When kind-hearted, well-meaning co-workers plunk boxes of sweets on top of my cabinet, it’s a recipe for disaster. There is no “just one” with me, ever!
I did some thinking on this, realized that I’ve reached the breaking point and have made some changes. I think you all would be very proud of me.
- I told my coworker with the candy bowl to kindly move it away, please. It’s a trigger and I can’t have it in my sight.
- Commitment to exercise: as crazy as my single, working mom schedule is, I have at least half an hour during the working day usually to take a walk or get a quick weight workout at the gym.
- Right after my 2 year old goes to sleep, I’ll take 5 to 15 minutes to meditate, do a quick yoga workout, or bounce around on my rebounder.
- Keeping it clean – good, non-fake food is on the menu, with lots of fruits and veggies.
- Start tracking my food intake again, which I fell off the ball with BIG TIME.
Ok, so I WAS a massive fail with my first attempt, but that doesn’t mean I can’t keep trying. The thing is, when I put my mind to something, it happens, and I WILL get to a healthy place with my weight, once again.
Besides the aesthetic value, I’ve had a couple of wakeup calls that tell me I need to take better care of me so I can be the best version of me. Sounds cheesy, but it’s TRUE.
So, what do you say about pressing the reset button on this experiment? How are you all doing with your battle of the bulge?